Responsibilities of the OEATA Board of Directors
- Carry forward the statement of mission and purpose that articulates the organization’s goals, means, and primary constituents served and to review and change accordingly as voted upon by its members.
- Reach consensus on the executive directors’ responsibilities and undertake a careful search to find the most qualified individuals for the position.
- Ensure that the Executive has the moral and professional support they need to further the goals of the Association.
- Actively participate in an overall planning process and assist in implementing and monitoring the plan’s goals.
- Determine which programs are consistent with the organization’s mission and monitor their effectiveness.
- Secure adequate resources for the organization to fulfill its mission.
- Developing the annual budget and ensuring that proper financial controls are in place.
- Build a competent board to articulate prerequisites for candidates, orient new members, and periodically and comprehensively evaluate their own performance.
- Be responsible for adherence to legal, professional standards and ethical norms.
- Articulate the organization’s mission, accomplishments, and goals to the public and garner support from the community.
- Attend 4 Board Meetings annually
- Serve on an Association Committee or project
- Phone 2 or 3 new members to welcome them to the Association
- Serve as a role model by participating on committees or projects
- Be responsive to the needs of the members within the context of the Board’s approved policies
- Encourage members to participate and help them find opportunities to participate in the Association
- To identify and understand the strategic challenges facing the Association and attempt to respond with appropriate strategies to meet these challenges
- To identify the Association’s annual priorities
- To understand financial matters of the Association
- To oversee the management of the Association’s finances through annual budget planning and approval and regular revenue/expenditure reporting
- To respond and with thought consider a solution of all problems relating to membership and dues
- To elect members to the Association in accordance with the By-laws
- To understand and be informed of the committees and projects within the Association